It just dawned on me that after all this time, I haven’t listed my regimen and/or my most commonly used staple products… maybe I have and don’t remember, in any event here ya go!
I complete the following weekly – some do this entire process with their hair sectioned and in twists (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXBnEJ0LHeA – skip to the 5:00 minute marker)
1. Cleanse – Sulfate free (unless you have silicones in your hair)
- Kinky Curly – Come Clean – Target
- As I Am – Coconut CoWash – Sally’s
- *ON MY PRODUCT WISH LIST* Curl Junkie – Daily Fix Hair Conditioner
- Tresemme Naturals – Nourishing Moisture Conditioner – Target
- Any V05 – Moisture Milk Conditioner – Dollar Tree
3. De-tangle & Deep Condition
If my hair is not already sectioned, I section my hair, add deep conditioner, de-tangle, twist and let sit under a plastic cap for at least an hour.
- Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Purification Hair Masque (plus a teaspoon of honey) – Target, Walgreens, CVS
- Curl Junkie Repair Me! Reconstructive Hair Treatment – protein treatment – Visit www.curljunkie.com to order or find a retailer near you
- Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful Deep Conditioner
- *ON MY PRODUCT WISH LIST* Organicals Deep Conditioning Creme
4. Leave – In Conditioner
- Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment (Strawberry Ice Cream scent) – Visit www.curljunkie.com to order or find a retailer near you
- Kinky Curly Knot Today – Target
- Kinky Curly Curling Custard – Target
Kinky Curly Curling Custard is gummy/snotty like, but I like it! It doesn’t contain glycerin which usually makes my hair feel dry and it defines my curls!
For a while I thought Kinky Curly Knot Today & Curling Custard was the best combination ever but Curl Junkie Curl Rehab is heavenly!
An additional step you can take for extra protection:
6. Seal – lightly coat the hair with oil after styling
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil – Beauty Supply
- Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Elixir Spray – Target, Walgreens, CVS
And last but not least, what do you do to get the same look tomorrow?
- Shea Moisture Organic Coconut and Hisbicus Hold and Shine Moisture Mist – Target, Walgreens, CVS
- Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner – Target
- Good Ole H20 – in Spray Bottle
Here’s my disclaimer: The above mentioned products and regimen work for me… the key with natural/curly hair is to find what works for you – key ingredients you do/don’t like, the reaction your hair gives etc. This is only an example/suggestion of what to do and how to do it. Hopes this helps! Enjoy!